206 Allen Hallaij@pitt.edu
My work is primarily in the areas of general relativity and philosophy of science. I am also the Department's liaison to the College in High School program.
- "Propagation of Gravitational Waves in Robertson-Walker Backgrounds," GRG 17, 599 (1985).
- "The Magnitude - Redshift Relation," Astrophys. J. 385, 391 (1992).
- "The Value of Scientific Failure," in The Value of Scientific Failure, T. Horowitz and A. Janis, eds. (Rowman and Littlefield, 1994), pp. 13-17.
- "Physics and Science Fiction," in Revisiting the Foundations of Relativistic Physics, A. Ashtekar et al., eds. (Kluwer, 2003), pp. 545-554.
- "Conventionality of Simultaneity," in Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, E. Zalta, ed. ( http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/spacetime-convensimul/, 1998, last substantive revision 2014).
- "Review of The Road to Relativity: The History and Meaning of Einstein's "The Foundations of General Relativity," by Hanoch Gutfreund and Jürgen Renn," Am. J. Phys. 84, 407 (2016).